6 October 2017

Balloon Fight | Video Review


Developer: Nintendo
Publisher: Nintendo
Reviewed on: NES
Available on: NES, Arcade
Released: June 1986

Balloon Fight is a single screen platformer in which you control a boy with two balloons attached to his helmet which enables him to fly. The game can be played 2-player and is one of the finest co-op games available on the NES (along with classics such as Contra, Bubble Bobble, Ice Climber and more).

Despite it being an early release in the NES library I think the game has stood the test of time quite well, although it is lacking in certain areas which stop it being as fondly remembered as some games released later in the NES' lifespan. However, if you're looking for a way to kill an hour or so, look no further than Balloon Fight.

Also, check out this awesome high quality Balloon Fight enemy sprite which was created by my friend (and the designer of my blog background and logo); MrPseudonymless:

Balloon Fight Enemy Character Sprite
Without this, my video's thumbnail wouldn't look anywhere near as good as it does now! I'm pretty sure that this is the highest quality version of this sprite that exists on the internet, so hopefully it comes in handy for someone else too!

As always, if you give my video a watch, let me know what you thought and consider leaving a comment and liking the YouTube video! I plan on doing a lot more retro reviews in the future, so maybe even subscribe if you enjoy my content!

No comments:

Post a Comment